One God, One People, One Mission
...if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
The Apostolic Fellowship
APOSTOLIC FELLOWSHIP SUMMIT
October 16-17, 2006
At the invitation of Urshan Graduate School of Theology, the six largest Apostolic (Oneness Pentecostal) organizations in the United States sent leaders to meet in St. Louis, Missouri, on March 30-31, 2006, and October 16-17, 2006. These organizations are: The Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus The Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ
The Bible Way Church of Jesus Christ International
The Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith
The Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
The United Pentecostal Church International
These six organizations are the ones that have in excess of 400 churches in the
U.S. Four of the organizations were represented by their presiding bishop or general superintendent in one or both meetings and all were represented by one or more members of their presiding board.
The primary purpose of the March meeting was to get acquainted and to discuss ways to work together in promoting the Apostolic faith. (See previous report.) The present report covers the October meeting, at which the following decisions were made:
1. The organizations will work together in an endeavor known as the Apostolic Fellowship.
2. They shall hold an annual meeting of top officials, known as the Apostolic Fellowship Summit. Each organization may send two delegates, preferably including the presiding bishop or general superintendent. Each organization shall be responsible for the travel arrangements and expenses of its delegates. It is suggested that the organizations contribute an offering to the graduate school to cover the costs of advertising and hosting the meeting.
3. The next meeting is scheduled for October 22-23, 2007, in St. Louis at Urshan Graduate School of Theology, 704 Howdershell Road, Florissant, MO., phone 314-921-9290. The recommended hotel is Hampton Inn Northwest, 55 Dunn Road, Florissant, MO, phone 314-839-2200. The meeting will beheld on Monday, October 22, 7:00-10:00PM, and Tuesday, 9:00AM–4:00PM.
4. In conjunction with the Summit, workshops will be offered on October 22-24, 2007, Monday evening through Wednesday noon. Each organization is welcome to send any number of members to the workshops. Proposed workshop subjects are Historians Meeting, Librarians Meeting, Website Development, Ministerial Retirement Fund, Stewardship (Fundraising), Church Planting, Church Financing, and Foreign Missions Coordination.
5. All Apostolic organizations will bne invited to participate in the Summit and the associated workshops. The six largest organizations will serve as the Steering Committee for the Summit. UGST will collect information on as many Oneness organizations as possible and invite them to the 2007 Summit. The six organizations are encouraged to send to UGST any contact information they may have for other organizations.
6. Each organization will operate according to its own doctrinal statement. As discussed in the previous meeting, participation in the Apostolic Fellowship is based on the foundational biblical doctrines as proclaimed by Apostolic pioneers such as G. T. Haywood, Frank Ewart, and Andrew Urshan—the authority of Scripture; the oneness of God; the identity of Jesus.